The JRP contains the following work packages with associated objectives:
· WP1 will develop transfer standards for test laboratories that can be used as references not only in performance measurements of the key optical and electrical parameters of novel SSL products but also to validate the facilities/setups;
· WP2 will develop traceable measurement methods to measure important but challenging properties of novel SSLs such as the 3D light distribution from large area OLEDs and next generation SSL (e.g. 3D nano-structured LED and flexible Chip on Flex) and the electrical and optical characteristics of AC/DC/short pulse driven dimmable SSLs;
· WP3 will address the metrological needs for safety: such as photo-biological safety and flicker aspects, and metrics for comfort/well-being aspects;
· WP4 will bring traceability to lifetime prediction and reliability measures, but also will probe the physics of ageing mechanisms, allowing uncertainties to be assigned to the measured parameters for the first time;
· WP5 will incorporate a range of activities designed to maximise stakeholder interaction and the uptake of JRP results;
· WP6 will cover JRP management aspects.